- Thursday night training. We have had feedback that these sessions are going off too late and with longer warm ups finishing a bit late. We will now be leaving promptly at 7.05pm so please make sure you are on time. A big thank-you to Mike, Neil, Jayne and Katie for some great Thursday sessions with some different drills across the summer which people have enjoyed. Mike will now be posting the Thursday sessions in advance on Facebook so people know what sessions to expect. Please note due to weather or other users of Coombe Dingle these sessions can be subject to change. If you have not come along before on a Thursday do some and join in. All abilities catered for. The sessions focus on technique and speed and are great benefit to your running.
- Yate track will not be ready until the end of October. Nick Elliot and Neil Miller are offering alternative sessions on Tuesday nights for juniors. Richard Hughes is taking a break from running the Tuesday track sessions. If anyone can take this role over please email the club secretary at email@example.com. It woukd be good to have someone ready to start when the track reopens in October.
- Congratulations to our September member of the months. Simon Johnson, who is stepping down as girls team manager after 12 years. Simon has contributed a lot to the club in coaching, team management and touring the country to all the races. The club really appreciates all his hard work and contributions. Rosie Hamilton-James for a great run at the Avon road relays.
- We would like to hear suggestions for our next nominated charity so that various events including our successful annual charity night can go to a nominated charity for the next 12 months. Any suggestions please email Lizzy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Easyfundraising – the £250 we have made will be used to replace the existing chairs in the club hut. Thank you to all those people who have raised funds for us. If you are not a supporter please sign up at www.easyfundraising.co.uk – when you shop online the retailer gives the club donation. It is really simple and there are thousands of retailers on there. If you need any help just ask. From booking next years holiday, your annual car insurance or purchasing your next pair of running shoes can all help to raise funds for the club. If you have any suggestions on you what you would like to see this money used for next to the benefit of club members please email email@example.com
- If you could help out on a Monday night by becoming a group leader please speak to our coaching coordinators Victoria Sloan (seniors) or Chris O’Donovan (juniors). The leader in running fitness is a one day course, paid for by the club. It takes you through how to lead and manage a group safely.
- Feedback from members around the club kit available online is that it is not meeting people’s needs for a variety of reasons. We would therefore like to return to some of our previous kit and source some new options. We now can store kit at the club house and would look to regular club kit sale nights. However, to do this we need someone or a couple of people to co-ordinate the stock of kit. If you would be able to volunteer for this or would like to know more about what this would entail please contact Tamsin Chick firstname.lastname@example.org
- New members – the website has been updated for new joiners to the club to reflect the price from here until the end of the membership year in Dec.
- Friday 5th October – Runfest – another fantastic evening dedicated to running. See facebook for more details.
- Saturday 13th Oct – first Gwent League fixture at Cardiff in conjunction with the Cardiff Cross Challenge. Let your team manager know if you can run.
- Our next year awards night has been confirmed at Saturday 6th April 2019 at WOT Village Hall again- so get the date in your diary.
- Up coming club championship races
Sun 23 Sept – Bristol Half Marathon
Sun 7 Oct – Keynsham 10k
Sat 13 Oct – Gwent League, Cardiff
Oct 28th Nightingale Nightmare