The 2021 Westbury Wipeout
The 2021 Westbury Wipeout Will Take Place on Monday 5th July
Entries are now open for the 2021 Westbury Wipeout, which this year is sponsored by The Murphy Clinic:
Enter Here (Alternatively go to the RunBritain website and enter the keyword ‘Wipeout’).
You will need the participant’s chest size to enter, best measured with a tape in the traditional way, but there is a useful guide here if you don’t have one.
Because of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, this year’s event will be slightly different:
- There will be fewer places (250) and no run for under 10s.
- Runners will be set off in waves of 15 around a slightly different course, and there will be no finishers medals or results, just the pride in taking part!
- According to government guidelines at the time these changes may become stricter or looser.
- We have designed this year’s event so that it can go ahead under the current (step 3) restrictions, so we are not dependent on any further easing. Cancellation of the event is unlikely, but not impossible.
Please see the Event Prospectus for further information about this year’s event. If you would like to sign up for our Westbury Wipeout Newsletter to receive occasional status updates you can do so here. Full details on event procedures will be contained in the ‘Instructions for Participants’, which may (probably will) be updated nearer the time.
The Westbury Wipeout is a challenging multi-terrain adventure run for juniors aged between 10 (for 2021 only) and 15, taking them on a tour of the woods, streams and hills of the Blaise Castle Estate. The event is 3k (2k for eight- and nine-year-olds) and includes a long downhill section, some scrambling up banks and slopes, and plenty of splashing through water across mud, rocks, roots and steps. The course is fully marshalled.
Survivors will have to overcome ‘Roman Ramparts’, the ‘Descent of Doom’, ‘Shark Lagoon’, ‘Ditch of Destruction’, ‘Crocs Leap’, ‘Hills of Torment’, ‘Trolls Bridge’ and ‘Scramble of Hope’! (check out our survivor’s route map).
The event is not timed, as the Westbury Wipeout is all about adventure, challenge and fun. Once you start, the only way out is on your own two feet! All participants will receive a commemorative T shirt.
All participants receive a souvenir T-Shirt. We regret that there will be no souvenir medal in 2021.
- Please accept our apologies, the course is not suitable for wheelchairs (or for running spikes).
- Headphones are not to be worn.
- Parking is available and there are public toilets on site.
- Access to the club house and changing rooms will not be possible in 2021.