Westbury Harriers is a Community Interest Company (C.I.C.) registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office Address:
Westbury Harriers, 12 Chardstock Avenue, Coombe Dingle, Bristol, United Kingdom, BS9 2RY
Westbury Harriers is the data controller of your personal information. If you have questions regarding your information or its use, please contact us by email or telephone.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include working for us, communicating with us online, or over the phone or in person. It could also be when you use or support our services.
We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
- When you use our services or engage in any other form of business or voluntary work with us.
- Contact us by phone, email or via our website.
- Approach us with any form of business, partnership, voluntary work or service delivery proposition.
- Apply for employment or voluntary work at our organisation
- From time to time, we may also get data about you from third parties – please see the ‘How we may use your information’ section for more details. This could include the NHS, Local Authority organisations and other Government agencies for example the Disclosure and Barring Service.
3. The Types Of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our operations, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information, but this for example, may limit the level of personalisation we offer e.g. you may not get to hear about new services that might interest you.
The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you
When you engage in business with us, or contact us online, by post or phone we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting.
We may collect:
- Prefix and name
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number(s)
- Bank Account Details
- Office address(s)
- Billing address
If you are a student we may also collect:
- Name of college/university
- Area of college/university
- Course name
- Course faculty
- Course level
- Course end date
When you apply to work at our organisation we may also collect:
- Passport details
- Driving License details
- Address History
- Previous Employment History
- Details of any academic or professional qualifications that you hold
When visiting our website we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
- Cookies: for further information about Cookies and how Westbury Harriers uses them, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
Information we obtain independently from you:
Your information may be shared with us by independent organisations, for example client organisations that Westbury Harriers has worked with.
We may combine information you have given to us with this additional information available from external sources. This will only be done when you give permission to the relevant third-party organisations to share the data they hold on you, or if the data is already publicly available.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information Available Publicly
We may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in articles / newspapers.
4. Why We Collect Your Personal Information And How We Use It
The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways. Here are the main ones: to provide a service you have requested, offer you a personalized experience and understand our customers’ needs better, inform you of events or updates you’ve asked for or contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information (e.g. service changes).
Specifically, we use your information we collect in the following ways:
To carry out our operations, to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- Deliver services
- Process payments. Please note that Westbury Harriers only stores the bank account and sort code details required to make and receive payments from organisations that work with us in the course of our service delivery.
- Recruit, retain and manage staff and volunteers.
Where we have your consent:
Send you updates via email containing news about events, opportunities, and new services.
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- Help us target our marketing communications so that they’re more relevant to you.
- Undertake research for grant or funding applications: we may contact you to ask you to participate in consumer research either via an online or telephone survey or in person. You are under no obligation to participate in research and, should you provide any further information, Westbury Harriers will inform you how any further information will be used.
- Analyse and continually improve the services we offer.
5. How We Handle Your Information And Other Organisations
Westbury Harriers will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf. We make sure anyone who provides a service for Westbury Harriers enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of Westbury Harriers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example donation processing, printers and mailing houses, marketing agencies, database services, website hosting or email delivery service.
- Where required to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order), or when requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
Westbury Harriers is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from westburyharriers.co.uk and recommends that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Manager if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
6. How We Protect Your Data
Westbury Harriers is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use e.g. your online account is encrypted and our own network is protected.
As part of the services offered to you through the Westbury Harriers website, the personal information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of the computer servers used to host the website are located in a country outside of the EEA. If Westbury Harriers transfers your personal information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this privacy notice.
Westbury Harriers may transfer your data to the USA to organisations such as Facebook or Google. The USA has weaker data protection laws than that of the EEA and therefore we will ensure that only organisations who are a part of the EU privacy shield initiative will handle your personal information. More details on this certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. The retention period will vary according to the purpose, for example if applying to volunteer at Westbury Harriers, we will typically keep your data for up to one year from the date of your last application whereas if you have purchased services from Westbury Harriers we may hold your details for up to 10 years. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact us.
If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
7. Your Choices
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
You can amend your personal details and email contact preferences at any time by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details below.
Every email marketing communication that we send will include details on how to change your communications preferences or unsubscribe from future communications.
If you would like to see what information we hold about you, you can also request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting the Data Protection Manager. Please contact us with a description of the information you would like to see, you will need to provide proof of identity.
At any time you have the right to ask Westbury Harriers to amend or stop how it uses your personal information including for marketing purposes. You can do this by phoning, emailing or writing using our contact details below.
You have the right to get information held about you by us corrected. If you have any concern about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the below contact details.
If you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the below contact details.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
Contact Us by Email or by Post: Westbury Harriers, 12 Chardstock Avenue, Coombe Dingle, Bristol, United Kingdom, BS9 2RY
This notice was updated on 7th June 2020. It may be updated to take into account changes at Westbury Harriers or for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email address for you.
When your data is provided to us by another person (for example a recommendation) or a publicly accessible sources (such as Google) we will tell you where we obtained the information within a month of getting it.
Further information on data protection regulations and laws can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public
Policy updated on 7th June 2020.