- Training over Easter. No training for reception group, they return on Monday 9th April. No training Easter Monday, check the Facebook group for any informal runs that might be taking place. Training as usual on Thursdays.
- Awards presentation and social night. Saturday 28th April. From 6.30pm Westbury-on-Trym Village Hall.
A family night for everyone. We usually host the awards night after training on a Monday evening. However, it gets late for some of our younger members and we have so much to celebrate it can become rushed. So we are trying a new format, so that there is an earlier start and a more social element for all club members. So please do come and support this new event to celebrate all the achievements of WH. Awards from reception group, juniors, seniors, vets, teams, individuals, Gwent League volunteers and helpers. It could be you! All welcome – parents, grandparents, family, siblings, partners.
Presentation at 7pm, followed by a disco, buffet and pay as you go bar.
Tickets, £5 each, Family of three £12, Family of four or more £15. Under 7’s free.
Tickets in advance from here http://westburyharriers.co.uk/events/awards-night-tickets/
- Congratulations to Jayne Pemble and Alex Miller who passed their Coach in Running Fitness (CiRF) qualification at the weekend. So I’m sure they will giving us all some useful hints and tips from the things they have learnt on their course.
- Well done to our one and only legend Pat Gallagher who has picked up two bronze medals for the V70 8oom and 15oom at the European Master Indoor Championships in Madrid.
- Please send your nominations for the Richard Bloss personality award to firstname.lastname@example.org (see full post)
- Free places for the London 10km on Monday 28th May. All the ladies places have been allocated. Any men who would like a place please contact Scott Campbell via FB or email@example.com
- We are looking to have a nominated local charity, mainly for the annual charity run event in August. If you would like to put forward a local charity please email your suggestion to Lizzy Smith via FB or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t forget to collect your WH shoe tag – these are to be worn on every training run so that if there was ever an emergency you would have your emergency contact details on you. Please collect from Victoria Sloan (Mondays) or Tamsin Chick (Thursdays)