- Saturday 28th April – We usually do the awards night after training on a Monday night – this year we are trialling having this event on a Saturday night at Westbury-on-Trym village hall. At 6.30pm. We are doing this so that it is not so late for some of younger club members, so we don’t have to rush the awards as there are always such fantastic achievements we want to properly celebrate them and to make it a social evening for everyone – juniors, seniors, parents, friends. There will be refreshments, a disco and bar. We really hope you come along and support this event. So please get the date in your diary. Ticket info to follow.
- Do you have a injury, tight muscles, slight niggle or a postural imbalance? If so I can help! I am currently half way through a Sports & Remedial Massage course with the Bristol College of Massage in Clifton and I am looking for case studies and potential future clients. I am offering discounted massages for £25 per massages or a block of 6 for £130. Each massage will be 1hr-1hr15 and your first massage will include a postural assessment. Currently, I offer a mobile service so I can bring my massage equipment to you. I run with group 3 most Mondays and Thursday so feel free to come and ask me any questions or send me a email/message. Stephanie@pasco.me Thank you, Stef
- Bristol 10k 2018 – Discounted entries. The Bristol 10k takes place on Sunday 13th May 2018 and the organisers are offering clubs a 15% discount on entries making the entry fee £25.50 instead of £30. We need a minimum of 20 people to qualify for the discount. (We usually have lots more than that). What do you need to do? You must be a fully paid up member of the club. You can pay using 3 methods: By bank transfer (preferred method)- bank details are CAROL A FEE, 11-00-01, 19056268. Please make sure you know the reference and send it in a email to email@example.com from the email address you would like the organisers to send you access code to. Write a cheque. Name clearly on the back. Give your cheque to me on a Monday night or post to me at 100 Clover Ground, Bristol, BS94UL By PayPal – send payment to PayPal.me/CarolFee Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you would like the organisers to send you access code indicating that you have paid via PayPal. Entries need to be with me by end of Saturday 10th March. No money, no entry, I’m not chasing you for it! No late entries. When the entries have been received that will be sent to the organisers in one block. An email will then be sent to you with details of how to enter. NOTE: Your entry to the race is not complete until you enter online. Sending the payment does not mean you are entered
Club Team Races
- Sunday 11th Feb – 4th Gwent League Pontypool – all welcome we need lots of people to turn out as all age groups doing really well. Speak to you team manager.
- Sat 24th Feb – National XC Champs – Parliament Hill – entries closed.
- Saturday 3rd March – final Gwent League at Blaise Castle. We are starting to gather names as we host this event. If you can help out setting out the course, marshalling, car park duty, refreshments etc please email Carol Fee at email@example.com – remember you get club championship points flor helping.
- Saturday 28th April – Master Road Relays at Sutton Park, Sutton Coldfield. Please let your vet team managers Mike Mewse and Eithne Noonan know if you can run.
- Friday 2nd Feb – RunFest event organised by group leader Michelle Hurst. Not too late to get a ticket. Lots of Westbury members going so get a ticket as will be plenty of people you know there. Tickets in advance £5, on the door £7 You can buy tickets from https://www.eventbrite.co.uk
- Monday 19th March AGM – in Coombe dingle sports bar after training.
- Saturday 7th April – Ladies 90th Dinner celebrations at Kingsweston House – all welcome. Further information about tickets in due course.
- Saturday 28th April evening – Family awards night at Westbury-on-Trym village hall – 6.30pm
Upcoming Club Championship races
Dont forget to enter your own results on the website.
Thursday 1st Feb – Burnham 5km
Sunday 10th Feb – Gwent League Pontypool
Sunday 18th Feb – 2 tunnels 5km
Sunday 25th – Two Bays tough ten
Saturday 3rd March – Gwent League Blaise
Sunday March 11th Rodway Easy Runner 10km
Sunday 18th March Forest of Dean trails half marathon
Sunday 25th March Gloucester 20