- 20th Jan – Neil is looking for people to help mark out the course for the Avon Schools XC at Blaise at 8am. Please email email@example.com if you can help.
- From club member Stef Pasco – ‘I have just passed the third part of my sports and remedial course and now and I am looking for at least 6 people (case studies) who would like 6 consecutive massages over the next 12-20 weeks for a discounted rate of £130 (total) or £25 each massage. Each massage is 1hr – 1hr 15min and and can be home visits.’ Please contact Stef on Stephanie@pasco.me or via the Facebook page if you would like to take up this offer.
- We usually do the awards night after training on a Monday night – this year we are trialling having this event on a Saturday night at Westbury-on-Trym village hall. Start time to be confirmed but provisionally 6.30pm. We are doing this so that it is not so late for some of younger club members, so we don’t have to rush the awards as there are always such fantastic achievements we want to properly celebrate them and to make it a social evening for everyone. There will be refreshments, a disco and bar. We really hope you come along and support this event. So please get the date in your diary and further ticket information will follow.
Club Team Races
- 27th Jan Midland XC – Nottingham
- Sunday 11th Feb – 4th Gwent League Pontypool – all welcome we need lots of people to turn out as all age groups doing really well. Speak to you team manager.
- Sat 24th Feb – National XC Champs – Parliament Hill
- Saturday 3rd March – final Gwent League at Blaise Castle. We are starting to gather names as we host this event. If you can help out setting out the course, marshalling, car park duty, refreshments etc please email Carol Fee at firstname.lastname@example.org – remember you get club championship points flor helping.
- Saturday 28th April – Master Road Relays at Sutton Park, Sutton Coldfield. Please let your vet team managers Mike Mewse and Eithne Noonan know if you can run.
- Friday 2nd Feb – RunFest event organised by group leader Michelle Hurst. Lots of Westbury members going so get a ticket as will be plenty of people you know there. Tickets in advance £5, on the door £7 You can buy tickets from https://www.eventbrite.co.uk
- Monday 19th March AGM – in Coombe dingle sports bar after training.
- Saturday 7th April – Ladies 90th Dinner celebrations at Kingsweston House – all welcome. Further information about tickets in due course.
- Saturday 28th April evening – Family night at Westbury-on-Trym village hall – ticket information and details to follow.
Club Championship Update
Congratulations to the club championship spot prize winners for November these go to Ewan Paton and Robin Phillips and for December go to Clare Eskell and Ken Lovell. There is bottle of wine for you. Please see Judy Knights or Eithne Noonan. Please remember to keep entering your club championship results yourself onto the website – full instructions are on the website of how to do this or please ask any of the club championship committee.
Upcoming Club Championship races
- Thursday 1st Feb – Burnham 5km
- Sunday 10th Feb – Gwent League Pontypool
- Sunday 18th Feb – 2 tunnels 5km
- Sunday 25th – Two Bays tough ten
- Saturday 3rd March – Gwent League Blaise
- Sunday March 11th Rodway Easy Runner 10km
- Sunday 18th March Forest of Dean trails half marathon
- Sunday 25th March Gloucester 20