- Please remember training on Mondays returns to Coombe Dingle – Monday 3rd Sep. Reception group also restarts.
- A huge thanks to everyone for the generous donations at the annual charity event. An email below that we received from air ambulance.
Dear Jim and everyone from the Westbury Harriers,
I was delighted to receive your letter containing a cheque for £290.25 towards the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity. We are utterly reliant on support like this from our community and this is a particularly testing time for the charity where we need to lean on our community more than ever. Although we have been given the opportunity to purchase our base, it will require us to raise an additional £1.25m to make this dream a reality.
Should you wish to put on any events or fundraisers in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to send over branded collection buckets, leaflets, banners, etc or come along to talk to your members about the service they’re helping to remain operational.
Please pass on my sincerest thanks to everyone at the Westbury Harriers for their fantastic support.
- The committee has some changes. Simon Johnston is stepping down as girls team manager. The club would like to sincerely like to thank him for all his efforts and contributions to the girls teams. Also all the times he has been at events early setting up the tent and touring across the country. Jayne Pemble and Jason Michael have kindly offered to step into the role and Emma Woodworth who has been assisting Jayne with the reception group will take on Jaynes role as reception co ordinatior. Thank-you, these are essential roles and we are really grateful people are able to take these on. Jayne really benefited from having an assistant so if anyone is willing to assist Emma with the reception group please get in touch or ask Emma or Jayne what this role entails
- Ian Gawinowski has kindly offered to take on the communication role. Judging by his posts on Facebook I’m sure he will do a fabulous job.
- Richard Hughes has been running Tuesday track session at Yate for 6 years. These sessions have really been enjoyed by people and supported peoples running to improve. Richard will be taking a break from running these sessions when Yate track reopens in October. The club would like to thank Richard for all he has done. If anyone or a team of people are able to take over from Richard please let our club secretary Mike Hopkins know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday 5th October – Runfest – another fantastic evening dedicated to running. See facebook for more details.
- Saturday 13th Oct – first Gwent League fixture at Cardiff in conjunction with the Cardiff Cross Challenge. Let your team manager know if you can run.
Up coming club championship races
Tues 4 Sept – AXA 5 Road Race
Sun 23 Sept – Bristol Half Marathon
Sun 7 Oct – Keynsham 10k
Sat 13 Oct – Gwent League, Cardiff
Oct 28th Nightingale Nightmare – entries now open – sold out quickly last year.