The following charities have been put forward by members to receive the funds from our charity run on Monday, August 18th. Vote for your favourite here.
- Macmilllan (http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Home.aspx) – providing care for cancer patients.
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics (www.nacoa.org.uk) – Bristol based but our helpline is for anyone affected by someone else’s drinking.
- Friends of Blaise (http://www.friendsofblaise.co.uk/) – dedicated to the upkeep of the Blaise Castle estate.
- Our Street Our Children (http://www.osoc.org.uk/) – It is run by two people, Dave and Jackie Brittain and ALL donations go directly to Nepal. There are no admin costs at all and they are hoping to raise money to build a new hostel.
- St Peters Hospice ( http://www.stpetershospice.org.uk/) – St Peter’s Hospice is a Bristol charity caring for adults with life-limiting illnesses. We aim to improve the quality of their living and dying while extending care and support to their families and loved ones.
- B.U.S.T. Breast Cancer Unit Support Trust (http://www.bustbristol.co.uk/) – Bristol based charity founded by patients for patients to support the work of the Bristol Breast Care Centre at Southmead Hospital.
- Bristol Dogs & Cats Home (http://www.rspca-bristol.org.uk/dogs_and_cats_home/) provides care, shelter and a rehoming service for nearly 2,000 unwanted dogs, cats and small animals a year.