Our current membership secretary, Ben Smith, is having to give up the role of membership secretary at the end of the year as he will not have enough time to dedicate to the role when his little bundles of joy arrive in the New Year.
So what does the role entail?
- Maintain membership data
- Welcome new members and provide information about the club and how to get club vest and more information
- Provide information about the club to potential new members
- Register membership data on the England Athletics portal
- Provide Up & Running with information about new members who have paid for vests
- Provide committee with monthly update on new members
- Liaise with England Athletics where any queries on membership arise
- Liaise with Yate membership secretary about joint members
- Communicate with Treasurer about membership subscriptions received, banked and payments raised on the England Athletics portal
- Work with Website coordinator to ensure membership data is up to date and adequate
As well as carrying out this role you can be involved in the running of the club alongside the other committee members.