- Congratulations to our April Member of the Months – Ewan Paton for doing such a great job summarising and circulating all the race results and Ben Rawlins for being selected for the World Aquathlon championships last this year in Denmark and for setting a new 5km PB at Burnham of 16.28
- A reminder that the Club Championship year is coming to an end with the last 3 races in April. You need to add your own race results to the website to be included in the standings. We hope that you have enjoyed the races. If you have any feedback ahead of next year’s Club Championship please let the committee know at email@example.com
- Annual membership renewals for the club were due in January 2018. A late surcharge of £10 is added from 1st April 2018 to all membership types. This is done because in April we re-register all our athletes with England Athletics, which is a large administrative task. It is important that we have all membership renewals therefore in time for this and we want to encourage people to pay their membership renewals on time.
- Our glittering awards ceremony is fast approaching on Staurday 28th April 6.30pm. This social event is for all club members, parents, friends, family and partners. Awards presentation at 7pm followed by a buffet, disco and bar. Great time to get together and celebrate all the achievements across the club. Recognition for all reception members, Gwent League awards, Club Championship awards, individual, team and volunteers. Please help us by purchasing tickets in advance so we know how many we are catering for. http://westburyharriers.co.uk/events/awards-night-tickets/ Tickets are only £5, £12 for a famiy of 3 or £15 for a family of 4. Under 7’s are free.
- Friday 13th April sees the second instalment of the successful RunFest event. If you missed the first evening do go along. An interesting and inspiring evening awaits you. Tickets available £7 in advance at www.eventbrite.com or £10 on the door. 7pm at Westbury on Trym Church of England Academy.
- Monday 9th April – Reception group training restarts after Easter break
- Monday 23rd April – Monday training moves to Blaise Castle
- Sunday 22nd April Horton Bull – last club championship race.
- Saturday 28th April – Awards presentation and social night – WOT Village Hall 6.30pm
- Monday 4th June – Blaize Blazer event – entries open at www.runbritain.com No training for any groups that night.
- Monday 2nd July – Westbury Wipeout
- Monday 20th August – annual charity run