- Thanks for all those who had volunteered and helped organise the last Gwent fixture despite the weather preventing it from going ahead.
- Member of the Month – the committee iss meeting Friday 9th March please send any nominations to email@example.com
- lease remember that annual membership fees should now be paid. England Athletics have put up their fees by £1 and we have done so accordingly.
- Bristol 10km entries to be with Carol Fee by 10th March.
- Saturday 7th April – Kingsweston House – Dinner to celebrate the ladies section of the club being 90 years old. All welcome, past and present members, families and partners. 3 course meal, jazz band and speakers. Tickets available from our chairman Jim Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org or at club training night see Jim or Tamsin. Tickets are £35 cheques made payable to Westbury Harriers.
- Saturday 28th April – Awards night at Westbury on Trym Village Hall 6,30pm – a social night for all the family. Come and celebrate the achievements of our club over the past year. Refreshments, disco and bar.Tickets, £5 each, Family of three £12, Family of four or more £15 and children under 7 are free.
Tickets need to be purchased in advance via http://westburyharriers.co.uk/events/awards-night-tickets/
The Westbury Harriers Annual General Meeting will take place on Monday 19th March after training in the bar upstairs at Coombe Dingle (8.10pm). Light buffet provided.
We appreciate this is not the most exciting evening of the Westbury Harriers calendar (make sure you get your tickets for the Anniversary Dinner on 7th April and the awards night on the 28th April). However, it is essential and it is about how your club is run.
We do have some vacant positions on the committee. It is really important that we have positions filled, people need to be able to leave roles knowing that someone else will take them on. Committee positions are not for life (only for those that choose!). At different stages in people’s lives they may have some time to give something back to the club and help it run. So, if that is you, please do consider a role on the committee. Over the years we have created different positions and review those roles every year to make sure they are manageable and meet the changing needs of the club. If you are interested in any of the positions please feel free to speak to any committee member to find out more before the AGM. Job roles are available. Support from outgoing or existing committee members is fully available.
Club secretary – being the point of administrative contact for the club and England Athletics
Club Development Officer – looking at areas the club needs to develop and change as we move forward, assessing the changing needs of the club and the systems we have to support it, looking at how we incorporate club initiatives and programmes from England Athletics
Reception Assistant (new role) – the reception area of the club has grown over the last few years. Providing support and administrative assistance to the Reception Coordinator
Communication Officer – ensuring club members receive information via FB, website and news bulletins about important dates, events and going’s on in the club (not race results or press/media as these are already covered)
Boys Assistant Team Manager – supporting the team manager with the team management and at events.
But please do not come along because you think you will get roped into doing something, you won’t. It is important for us to have a good representation of club members and a chance for to raise anything you wish.