- Westbury Harriers AGM Monday 19th March after training. Thanks so much to people who have stepped forward to be considered for some of our vacant roles. We still are looking for a the following roles.
Club secretary – being the point of administrative contact for the club and England Athletics
Club Development Officer – looking at areas the club needs to develop and change as we move forward, assessing the changing needs of the club and the systems we have to support it, looking at how we incorporate club initiatives and programmes from England Athletics
Communication Officer – ensuring club members receive information via FB, website and news bulletins about important dates, events and going’s on in the club (not race results or press/media as these are already covered)
Boys Assistant Team Manager – supporting the team manager with the team management and at events.
- So not one but two social events in April. Firstly the anniversary dinner celebrating the the ladies section of the club turning 90! A 3 course for all dinner at Kingsweston House on Saturday 7th April. Jazz band and speakers. Tickets are £35 – please contact Jim Murphy chairman@westburyharriers or see Tamsin on a Thursday night. Cheques made payable to Westbury Harriers. All welcome – past members, friends, family, partners
- Awards presentation and social night. Saturday 28th April. 6.30pm Westbury-on-Trym Village Hall.
A family night for everyone. Come and support this new event to celebrate all the achievements of WH. Awards from reception group, to the vets, teams and inviduals, volunteers and helpers. It could be you! All welcome – parents, grandparents, family, siblings, partners.
Presentation at 7pm, followed by a disco, buffet and pay as you go bar.
Tickets, £5 each, Family of three £12, Family of four or more £15. Under 7’s free.
Tickets in advance from http://westburyharriers.co.uk/events/awards-night-tickets/
- Congratulations to our March members of the month.
Elen Ruck – Never outside the top 5, Elen moved into poll position with a storming win at a super hilly Round 4 in Pontypool, in turn clinching the Overall Novice Title with the cancellation of Blaise. Her four scores also helped Westbury A take top spot in Novice Girls Team category. Well done Elen.
Caroline Jones – has stepped up and regularly led the red reception group, been dependable to be there every week, which is greatly appreciated.
If you would like to nominate someone for next week pleased email email@example.com
- YHA CLUB MEMBERSHIP:We have just renewed the club group membership to YHA.
Great benefits for all present club members.
20% off Ordnance Survey.
£3 off per night when you stay in any hostel (when booking direct).
£30 off when you hire out an entire hostel.
- Free places for the London 10km on Monday 28th May. All the ladies places have been allocated. Any men who would like a place please contact Scott Campbell via FB or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are looking to have a nominated local charity, mainly for the annual charity run event in August. If you would like to put forward a local charity please email your suggestion to Lizzy Smith via FB or email@example.com
- Don’t forget to collect your WH shoe tag – these are to be worn on every training run so that if there was ever an emergency you would have your emergency contact details on you. Please collect from Victoria Sloan (Mondays) or Tamsin Chick (Thursdays)