We may still be waiting for the Great British summer to finally arrive, but it’s already time to pop the dates of next season’s Gwent cross-country league in your diary.
Whichever group you usually run with on a Monday, do get involved – cross-country isn’t about chasing times, it’s about chasing the runner in front, and there’s always a fantastic team spirit at each fixture. Everyone who takes part scores for the team, their age group team and individually, and there are junior races for youngsters aged nine or over too.
The 2015/16 fixtures are as follows:
- Sunday 11 October 2015 – Newbridge Fields, Bridgend
- Sunday 8 November 2015 – Llandaff Fields, Cardiff
- Saturday 5 December 2015 – Blaise Castle, Bristol (our home fixture)
- Saturday 13 or Sunday 14 February 2016 – Abergavenny (tbc)
- Saturday 5 March 2016 – Brecon Leisure Centre, Penlan (tbc)
The ladies’ races are usually around 6K while the mens’ races are usually between 8 and 10K.
You don’t need to enter in advance – entries are payable on the day (usually £4), and we can easily put you in touch with someone to share lifts if needed.
Last year, we celebrated a number of fantastic individual and team performances in the Gwent League so let’s make this season another good one for Westbury!
If you’d like to take part in the junior races, or have a youngster interested in representing the club at junior level, please contact Simon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Neil (email@example.com).