After a short break, the club championships (2022-2023) are back!
It will look a little different, with fewer races, but the scoring will still be based on your best ten results to count.
We have included some old favourites as well as some that you may not have done before, with more events to be added for the start of 2023. The list of Club Championship races so far is shown below.
Points are allocated on the following basis:
- Men: 30 points for 1st Westbury man down to 10 points for the 21st and any subsequent placing.
- Women: 30 points for 1st Westbury lady down to 10 points for the 21st and any subsequent placing.
The Club Championship committee can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Until the next Club Championship Event! – Sri Chinmoy 2 mile
|Event||Date||Results||Race Reports||Weston Prom||Thursday 7th April 2022, 19:30||Results Page||Weston Prom Race Report|
|Towpath Mob Match||Friday 20th May 2022, 19:30||Results Page**||Towpath Mob Match (Race #1 in Towpath Series) Race Report|
|Hogweed Trot 10k||Monday 30th May 2022, 19:00||Results Page|
|Sri Chinmoy 2 mile||Tuesday 28th June 2022, 19:30||Results Page|
|Thornbury 10k||Thursday 14th July 2022, 19:30||N/A|
|Bitton Road Race||3rd August 2022||N/A|
|Towpath 5k||Friday 19th August 2022, 19:30||N/A|
|Beat the Bore||Sunday 11th September 2022, 09:00||N/A|
|Bristol Half Marathon||Sunday 25th September 2022||N/A|
|Mendip Muddle||Sunday 16th October 2022, 11:00||N/A|
|Chepstow Racecourse Half Marathon||Sunday 27th November 2022, 09:30||N/A|
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP RULES:
- The Championship is for all fully paid-up members of the club who are aged 18 or over at the start of the championship season. The season will run from April 2022 to March 2023.
- You must enter races under your own name as a member of Westbury Harriers.
- If you compete in any Championship race before being a member of the club or you leave the club, the result will not be included.
- If you run under a different name at any Club Championship race, the result will not be included.
- If your club is not listed as Westbury Harriers in the race results, your result will not be included.
- Points for each race will be allocated as follows:
- 30 points for 1st Westbury male/female down to 10 points for 21st and subsequent placing.
- Best of 10 races to count.
- Prizes will be awarded to the 10 male and female participants who have accumulated the most points over the Championship year. Vet prizes will be awarded to the top vet in each category.
- Your category is determined by your age at the star of the Championship year.
- Male: Senior, V40, V50, V60 & V70
- Female: Senior, V35, V45, V55 & V65
- The Club Championship committee reserves the right to change any races during the Championship Year. This could be due to race dates being moved, cancelled or clashing with other major events.
- In the case of any disputes, the decision of the Club Championship committee will be final.