The Bristol Half Marathon takes place on Sunday, 13th September 2015 and the organisers are once again offering clubs a big discount on entries. Up to 35% is available off the normal price meaning that if we get 20 members or more the entry fee will be £22.10 instead of £34 (plus a £3 online booking fee). In the unlikely event that we do not get 20 entrants, you will be asked to pay an additional fee, but this is not expected to be the case.
So what’s the process you have to follow?
- You must be a fully paid up member of the club.
- You can pay using 3 different methods:
- By PayPal – send a payment to email@example.com for £22.10. Use the “I’m sending money to family or friends” and not “I’m paying for goods or services”– Geraint is not a merchant and will not accept any additional charges; if £22.10 is not on his account he will not process the entry. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address that you’d like the organisers to send your access code to indicating that you’ve paid via PayPal.
- By bank transfer – Geraint’s bank details are GH & SE TORRINGTON, 30-93-53 00722429. Please make sure that you know the reference and send it in an email to email@example.com from the email address that you’d like the organisers to send your access code to.
- Write a cheque made payable to Geraint Torrington for £22.10. Write your name, email address and contact number CLEARLY on the back. If these details are not on the back of the cheque or not clear your cheque will be returned. Cash will not be accepted by Geraint. Give your cheque to club secretary Geraint Torrington on a Monday night (Geraint can’t generally make Thursdays) or post it to him at 41A Sherbourne Avenue, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 8DX
- Entries need to be with Geraint by end of Saturday, June 20th 2015, no late entries will be accepted.
- Geraint will send a confirmation email to the supplied email address to confirm that payment has been received. Please send an acknowledgement email back. If you do not receive a payment confirmation email within a week of sending your payment please get in touch with Geraint firstname.lastname@example.org
- When the entries have been received and processed by Geraint they will be sent to the organisers in one block who will then send an email to the entrant with a code to use to bypass the payment screen on line. NOTE: Your entry to the race is NOT complete until you enter online. Sending the payment in does not mean you are entered.
If you can run sub 67.30 as a man or 77.00 as a woman you may be able to get an elite athlete place. From the runbristol website:
HOW TO ENTER IF YOU ARE AN ELITE ATHLETE
Places are reserved for elite athletes. Guide times: Men sub 67.30mins, Women sub 77mins (but we may also consider requests from up-and-coming young athletes). Please send a brief CV with your recent achievements and PB’s setting out your case for being given a reserved place to our race administration service who will pass your request on to Bud Baldaro for consideration.
Click here to email your request to email@example.com